March 11, 2023 (Saturday)
Institute for Whitetail Deer Management & Research Facility
This year’s is event is sponsored by Wildtree and Buck Forage Food Plot Products. Representatives from both companies will be in attendance to answer any questions regarding food plots, deer orchards and habitat improvement. They will have products available for sale and prizes for giveaways.
We will have two utility vehicles to assist those who cannot walk the course.
There will be a delicious barbecue lunch served. The meal is included in the cost of the registration.
Topics & Demonstrations include:
- Thinning forests and brushlands to increase native forage
- Regenerating oaks and other mast producers to maximize acorn production
- Prescribed burning
- Herbicides to improve habitat
- The Deer Landscape: Setting up sustainable sanctuaries, bedding areas, and travel corridors; a lot more than “hinge-cutting” trees!
- Design and management of Deer Orchards; providing a suite of mast and fruit producers to maximize energy foods
- Conducting trail camera surveys, analyzing camera data, and other uses of trail cameras
- How to design your deer landscape using aerial imagery
- Hands-on demonstration on how to design a pond for your property
- Developing edge habitats
- New fencing strategies for creating “rotation grazing” for your food plots, a demonstration in which participants will get hands-on experience.
- New food plot varieties for the warm season and the latest cool-season crop developments.
- Artificial water strategies that really work
- Latest information on feeds and feeding
In addition to all of these, we also will provide time for your personal discussions with our staff concerning your management program. If you are concerned about CWD, we will be glad to provide you with the latest factual information, not sensationalized incorrect information! Attendance is strictly limited so, please register as soon as possible.